What is Squid.io?
Squid.io is a new site that will become the the central hub for TurboSquid artists. We want to improve everything about the experience of selling stock content, from the publishing process to tutorials that help you grow as an artist.
Initially, we’ve focused on building features and training related to a huge new opportunity for 3D artists to get into the Stock 2D market. We’ve setup Squid.io with a publishing process to get your content reviewed and processed by our render farm to create images for our new stock 2D site, PixelSquid. We’ve also created a ton of training materials and a huge library of materials to help you create great content for both PixelSquid and TurboSquid. Our Library Objects and tools will assist in preparing your content and extending it for PixelSquid.
As this is a big undertaking, we are starting with support for 3ds Max 2011-2015 and V-Ray 2.3 and 2.4. But, this is just the beginning for PixelSquid support on Squid.io. We are going to be expanding Squid.io to support 3D artists working in other 3D apps and renderers, so more artists can get involved. If you are interested in making content for PixleSquid, get started now.
Squid.io is for Artists
We built Squid.io from the ground up with you in mind. Designing a new platform allowed us much more flexibility than working on TurboSquid would have allowed. TurboSquid and PixelSquid will be focused on serving our customers, and Squid.io will be dedicated to serving artists.
There are a lot of features to migrate from TurboSquid, so growing Squid.io will be an ongoing effort. We think you’ll appreciate everything the site will offer you.
Planned features include:
- Revamped forum design and functionality.
- Dashboard displaying product statistics.
- Reporting with visual charts and graphs.
- Updated publishing interface and ability to edit products.
- CheckMate certification training and submission.
- Managing payment information and account details in one place.
- A growing library of training materials and tutorials.
- Certified geometry and material libraries.
- Automated tools to speed up publishing.