If you are selling content for commercial use and that content features an actual human subject, you must obtain a model release from all individuals featured in the content. This includes (but is not limited to) individuals that are photo-realistically depicted, such as in a model scan or texture and individuals used for modeling reference.
A model release is written permission from an individual that grants an artist the right to feature his/her likeness in any work intended for commercial sale/use. Any models that you use must specifically grant those rights. Additionally, there are specific release requirements for child models and nude models:
- Children (under the age of 18) must have a parent or guardian sign the release
- For any content that depicts nudity, you must not only obtain a signed release but also a picture ID to act as proof that the model is at least 18 years of age.
- Your full name as listed in your TurboSquid payment information.
- Information about the end creation and what potential end-uses exist.
- If you are creating content with nudity, your release must explicitly state how the content will be sold and what potential end-uses exist–no exceptions.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Full address
- Email address
- Signature of model or parent/guardian if under the age of 18
Witness Information (required for minors and nude subjects)
- Full name
- The witness must be over the age of 18 and cannot be the artist, the model, or the model’s parent or guardian.