As you may know, a number of major game development companies use TurboSquid for a portion of their model needs. We will be meeting with some of them to discuss next-generation, real-time content, including their needs around the new PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials, modern game model construction, and newer VR requirements.
In preparation for the event, we are creating a new real-time landing page that will showcase all of the high-quality, real-time content already available on TurboSquid.
But we need your help.
We have been manually identifying real-time models to showcase on this page, but we cannot discover it alone. We are looking for artists that have already produced real-time models (including newer ones that use PBR materials) to send us links to their work on TurboSquid so that we can review it for possible inclusion.
We are specifically looking for content currently on TurboSquid that meets the following criteria:
- .FBX and/or .OBJ/.MTL file formats
- Poly count of no more than 100K polygons (200K triangles)
- Unwrapped UVs are essential (they can be overlapping or not)
- Image maps must in .bmp, .png, .dds, .tga, .tif, or .jpg format (.jpg allowed, but not recommended)
- Image map dimensions must be powers of two (i.e. 256, 1024, 2048, 4096)
- Exported baked texture maps including:
- Required: Diffuse map (no lighting or AO baked in)
- Required: Normal map
- Optional: Spec / Gloss PBR maps
- Optional: Metal / Rough PBR maps
- Optional: Ambient Occlusion map
- Optional: Curvature / Cavity map
- Optional: Height map
- Optional: Emissive map
In order to collect all of this information, we ask that you please post links to any or all of your 3D models that meet the criteria above to this new Squid.io forum. We will be monitoring the forum and reviewing the submissions in the lead-up to GDC next month.
Our attendance at GDC and this landing page are just the beginning of a much broader vision for real-time content. We will gather information from our real-time industry partners, the GDC Conference, and our conversations with game development and VR professionals and share it with the TurboSquid artist community.
We anticipate that this will be a very exciting space to leverage our position in the industry, which should translate into more opportunities for you to make more money through model sales.